Cyber Security Technology Foresight
The research questions of the study are:
- What are the main cyber threats that industrial control systems face today?
- Which technologies and methods are being used at present to secure industrial control systems from cyber attacks?
- What are the main cyber threats that industrial control systems will face in the next 10-15 years?
- Which emerging and future technologies will be used to secure industrial control systems in the next 10-15 years?
The main goal of the study is to derive the current cyber security technology status from the analysis of popular standards such as NERC-CIP. Based on this mapping, a foresight process will be carried out in order to assess future directions and emerging technologies in cyber security. The process will include horizon scanning, analysis of key technologies and drivers, scenarios development, expert surveys and recommendations.
The expected outcomes of the project:
- State of the art cyber security standards
- Horizon scanning of trends and megatrends that are relevant to cyber security
- Analysis of future and emerging technologies that are important to cyber security
- The most important drivers impacting the cyber security industry
- Expert survey to assess and determine the most promising emerging technologies including their impact and time to market
- Recommendations for cyber security R&D policy
- Peer reviewed paper including the results of the projects