The Steering Committee is composed of both TAU representatives and cyber bureau representatives. Its role is to:
- Approve work regulations.
- Approve the annual budget.
- Discuss Scientific Committee proposals regarding tasks, goals and annual assessments, research trials in the fund and their confirmation.
- Discuss focused activities, based on the recommendations of the Scientific Committee.
- Approve the selected research that was submitted to the research fund and received the recommendation of the Scientific Committee.
- Indicate the areas of engagement for each of the appointed ICRC researchers.
- Monitor the activity of the ICRC.
The decisions of the Steering Committee are accepted by a majority vote and are summarized in writing.
- Major Gen. (Ret.) Prof. Isaac Ben Israel, Director of the ICRC
- Prof. Avishai Wool, Deputy Director of the ICRC, (representative of Prof. Ben Israel in his absence)
- Prof. Yoav Henis, Vice President for Research and Development, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Yaron Oz, Rector of Tel Aviv University.
- Prof. Yehuda Afek is the Head of the Blavatnik School of Computer Science (and a representative of Prof. Yaron Oz in his absence).
- Prof. Yossi Rosenwaks, Dean of the Iby and Aldar Fleischman Faculty of Engineering, a Professor of Electrical Engineering and the Head of Tel Aviv University Renewable Energy Research Center.
- Prof. Irad Ben-Gal is the Head of the Department of Industrial Engineering, (representative of Prof. Rosenwaks in his absence) and Chair of the Department of Industrial Engineering at Tel Aviv University.
- Mr. Gal Shmueli has been the pioneer and founder of the Cyber technology program in the IDI and Israel Defense Forces (IDF). For the last 15 years, he has been the CTO for Cyber Technologies at the IDI and holds the Rank of Colonel. For his efforts and achievements over the years, he has received several excellence and innovation awards. Mr. Shmueli holds a B.Sc. in Computer Science from the Technion - Israel Institute for Technology and an MBA from TAU.
- Prof. Leo Corry; Dean of the Lester and Sally Entin Faculty of Humanities at Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Ina Weiner; Professor at the school of Psychological studies at Tel-Aviv University
- Emanuel Dar; Head of Security Technologies, National Cyber Directorate
- Prof. Ran Canetti, Chairman of the Scientific Committee, Blavatnik School of Computer Science, TAU
- Mr. Isaac Kohlberg, Senior Associate Provost and Chief Technology Development Officer, Harvard University
- Dr. Yaniv Harel, Head of Research Strategy at the ICRC
- Mr. Shlomo Nimrodi, Ramot Representative to the ICRC