The Steering Committee is composed of both TAU representatives and cyber bureau representatives. Its role is to:
- Approve work regulations.
- Approve the annual budget.
- Discuss Scientific Committee proposals regarding tasks, goals and annual assessments, research trials in the fund and their confirmation.
- Discuss focused activities, based on the recommendations of the Scientific Committee.
- Approve the selected research that was submitted to the research fund and received the recommendation of the Scientific Committee.
- Indicate the areas of engagement for each of the appointed ICRC researchers.
- Monitor the activity of the ICRC.
The decisions of the Steering Committee are accepted by a majority vote and are summarized in writing.
- Major Gen. (Ret.) Prof. Isaac Ben Israel, Director of the ICRC
- Prof. Avishai Wool, Deputy Director of the ICRC, (representative of Prof. Ben Israel in his absence)
- Prof. Yoav Henis, Vice President for Research and Development, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Yossi Rosenwaks, Dean of the Iby and Aldar Fleischman Faculty of Engineering, a Professor of Electrical Engineering and the Head of Tel Aviv University Renewable Energy Research Center.
- Prof. Yehuda Afek is the Head of the Blavatnik School of Computer Science (and a representative of Prof. Yaron Oz in his absence).
- Prof. Irad Ben-Gal is the Head of the Department of Industrial Engineering, (representative of Prof. Rosenwaks in his absence) and Chair of the Department of Industrial Engineering at Tel Aviv University.
- Eynan Lichterman, Manager of R&D and Technologies, Strategy and Capacity Building Unit, Israeli National Cyber Directorate
- Prof. Ran Canetti, Chairman of the Scientific Committee, Blavatnik School of Computer Science, TAU
- Mr. Isaac Kohlberg, Senior Associate Provost and Chief Technology Development Officer, Harvard University
- Dr. Yaniv Harel, Head of Research Strategy at the ICRC
- Mr. Shlomo Nimrodi, Ramot Representative to the ICRC